Study Skills Checklist
Here is a list of question to check your study skills.
1. I spend more time than necessary studying for what I am learning .(yes/no)
2. Its common for me to spend hours cramming the night before an exam.(yes/no)
3. If I dedicate as much time as I want to my social life, I don't have enough time left to focus on my studies,or when I study as much as I need to, I don't have time for my social life.(yes/no)
4. I often study with the TV or radio turned on.(yes/no)
5. I struggle to study for long periods of time without becoming distracted or tired.(yes/no)
6. I usually daydream, or fall asleep when I go to class.(yes/no)
7. Often the notes I take during class notes are difficult for me to understand later when I try and review them.(yes/no)
8. I often end up getting the wrong material into my class notes.(yes/no)
9. I don't usually review my class notes from time to time throughout the preparation for exams.(yes/no)
10. When I get to the end of a chapter in a textbook, I struggle to remember what I've just got done reading.(yes/no)
11. I struggle to identify what is important in the text.(yes/no)
12. I frequently can't keep up with my reading assignments, and consequently have to cram the night before a test.(yes/no)
13. For some reason I miss a lot of points on essay tests even when I feel well prepared and know the material well.(yes/no)
14. I study a lot for each test, but when I get to the test my mind draws a blank.(yes/no)
15. I often study in a sort of disorganized, haphazard way only motivated by the threat of the next test.(yes/no)
16. I frequently end up getting lost in the details of reading and have trouble identifying the main ideas and key concepts.(yes/no)
17. I don't usually change my reading speed in response to the difficulty level of what I'm reading, or my familiarity with the content.(yes/no)
18. I often wish that I was able read faster.(yes/no)
19. When my teachers assign me papers and projects I often feel so overwhelmed that I really struggle to get started.(yes/no)
20. More often than not I write my papers the night before they are due.(yes/no)
21. I really struggle to organize my thoughts into a logical paper that makes sense.(yes/no)
Click study skills.pdf to know how to improve your Study Skills.
ContactRosemary Matric Hr. Sec. School
No. 1A, Punithavathiyar Street, Palayamkottai.
Tirunelveli - 627002, Tamil Nadu, INDIA.
+91 462 2561144,